The Institute for the Conservation of Neotropical Carnivores – “Pró-Carnívoros” is a private, civil association, with nongovernmental and non-profit status. It was founded in 1996, with headquarters in Atibaia – São Paulo state and develops projects throughout Brazil. In 2005, the institution was recognized by the Ministry of Justice as an OSCIP (Civil Society Organization of Public Interest), by order signed on 18 February 2005 and published in the Official Gazette of 28 February 2005.
To promote the conservation of neotropical carnivorous mammals and their habitats.
We fulfil our mission through:
- Development of scientific research to generate the information necessary for the conservation of species and their habitats.
- Strategies and management actions to ensure the long term survival of carnivores.
- Identification and protection of priority areas for carnivore conservation.
- Guidance in cases of livestock predation by mammalian carnivores.
- Training and capacity building of professionals specialized in the management and conservation of natural predators.
- Environmental education.
- Production and dissemination of educational materials.
- Support and development of public policies for the conservation of species and their habitats.
OUR VISIONWe, the members of Pró-Carnívoros, want to be recognized for the excellence of our accomplishments, honesty and transparency in resource management, and the contribution of our actions to environmental conservation.
OUR VALUES The core values that underpin our vision are:
Our conduct should reflect the highest ethical standards.
Our projects are our focus. We must strive to achieve maximum efficiency in our projects generating results that directly contribute to our mission.
Respect for our funders
We take responsibility to manage efficiently all resources from our donors, sponsors, partners and collaborators.
The scientific basis of the knowledge generated
Our research follows the scientific method, and our results are based on consultations and submitted to independent academic evaluation through publications in professional journals.
Integrity means for us: honesty, fairness, fighting for what we believe in and achieving what we propose.
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS Nilde Lago Pinheiro
Lais Duarte Mota
Audit Committee: Pro-Carnivores has an independent Audit Committee composed of volunteers who examine the annual accounts of the Institute:< back
Adauto Tadeu Basílio
Lou Ann Dietz
Carlos Alberto de Aquino